Bay of Plenty Clinical School - offering you a range
of training and research opportunities in all
Do you want to be a doctor, a nurse or another important staff
member in the Health Industry in the Bay of Plenty?
- The Bay of Plenty Clinical School can offer you training and
research opportunities for all disciplines at hospitals in Tauranga
- The Bay of Plenty's oceanside location and temperate climate
make it an extremely desirable place to live and work. Tauranga
City is the fifth largest city in New Zealand.
The Bay of Plenty Clinical School administers undergraduate
student placements and clinical training for the Bay of Plenty
District Health Board which provides primary and secondary
healthcare services to over 200,000 people in the Eastern and
Western Bay of Plenty. Secondary care services are provided from a
300+ bed hospital in Tauranga and a 100+ bed hospital in
- Medical student/intern clinical placements in a range of
primary care settings and a number of secondary care services;
selective and elective placements & summer studentships for
medical students. (Placements for house officers, medical officers
and registrars are arranged by the Medical Staffing Unit).
- Selective and elective placements for Bachelor of Nursing
- Selective and elective clinical placements for allied health
trainees in a range of disciplines and locations.
- Rural Immersion students placed in the Eastern Bay of
Student accommodation is available in Tauranga and in Whakatāne
October 8, 2015